My wildlife camera is set up, this view covers the path beside the garage, any cats visiting always come from the back of the garden. I will leave it here for a while, it's set to video anything passing at night only for now. The first night we just saw Lilly in the front section of the garden, I do plan to move it to the back section at some point.
I did say I had enough spring bulbs, I was thinking about my garden pots, I have previously purchased some white daffodils, but not paperwhites which I love, the other pack can go in the garden pots. Both of these are for inside, I'm giving up on trying to regrow amaryllis bulbs.
On our recent trip to my favourite garden centre, we decided to not stop for coffee, instead coming home to hubbys home made scones with cream.
I have been busy with my 2025 blog book, all my post are in the book, they look neat and tidy, all I now need to do is a final read through and do a spell check. I have already received an email with the promise of Black Friday discounts, coming soon.
I was extremely good at the garden centre, they had lovely plants, we did have a good look, I don't have much space, so I passed on them all. Hubby is going to redo his front garden next year, so there will be a couple of plants I can use. I also did a quick walk through their Christmas section, again nothing I liked. We did get jams and pickles, we both prefer their brands.
We have enjoyed the sunny warm days this week, quite unexpected at this time of year, sat in our sunroom together, it has been the most fantastic addition to our garden space. It's pouring with rain today.
I have all the ingredients to make mincemeat again this year, the slow cooker does all the work, hubby does like to use homemade in his pies. I have gathered everything for Christmas cakes, I'm making one cake, slightly smaller just for us, I will make a batch of cakes muffin size for daughter and brother, hopefully with a few spare for gifts.




I've got a few bulbs to plant. I always forget and then plant them late in Jan/Feb or later. I also bought a couple of dahlias the other day from Lidl. I'll probably plant them in pots first.
ReplyDeleteI've never had luck with regrowing amaryllis, despite trying several times.
ReplyDeleteDo you do hyacinths in bulb vases over December/January? I love their fragrance.
I am impressed with the clarity of your wildlife camera - I've fancied one for a while but had been put off by the poor image feed, I think I might investigate further :)
It's a Maxdone trail camera, WLAN Wildkamera, purchased from Amazon, PH960W. Very easy to set up and use.
DeleteWe have been tempted by a couple of our garden centres selling off their perennials. Like you though I don’t have much space so they are sitting in their pots awaiting decisions to be made 🙈
ReplyDeleteOh, you got a wildlife camera! I can't wait to see what turns up. (You may remember I have one for our garden too, though it's not set up at the moment.)
ReplyDeleteI won't be as clever as you to be able to cut bits together in a video.
DeleteYour hubbys home made scones with cream look good.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I have made mincemeat in the past using a no cook method. Just soaking in brandy in the fridge for weeks.I will look for a cooked one to see the difference. I don’t have a slow cooker any more, mine died years ago and I have managed without replacing it. You have inspired me to get myself moving and start on the Christmas cakes. JennyP
ReplyDelete