▼

Friday, 2 October 2026

12 photos one day

 


I've seen this on another blog, I did ask if I could steal it.



It does sum up my life, most days are much the same, 
I'm a home bird, happiest when I have a book to read, 
or some crafting to do. 


I have had the one medical procedure I was dreading, I can say it was as bad as I expected, the only bright side was how quickly it was done, having an upper GI endoscopy (tube down your throat into your stomach) has left me with a raw throat, and at least one answer to my ill's, another test revealed more, I now have an 5 week wait for an ultrasound, which is slightly better than 8 weeks quoted.

I have no desire to go anywhere or do much, I'm taking pain relief every day, its bringing me down, I've never felt so uncomfortable, not able to stand, sit or even relax in bed, and until the ultrasound no way of knowing the full causes, my doctor thinks I  have multiple issues, even going through cancer and chemo was better than this, then I had a plan, a goal, now everything is in limbo. I'm just irritable and cranky.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. I know how miserable it can feel and hope that you get a quick resolution to whatever it turns out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you are going through all this. It's horrid and the waiting makes it so much worse. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. My godmother had that, not as far as her stomach. She said it was 'horrible, horrible!' But also the surgeon kept up a stream of humour all the way through which helped!
    I hope you recover from the procedure swiftly and don't have to wait too long for useful answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an endoscopy a couple months ago and was given the option to have sedation, which I did take them up on. When I got in the room the Dr said he could feed the tube through my nose which would not be as uncomfortably. He was right, I hardly remember anything about it! Sorry you had a bad experience and I hope you find out what the problem is soon, it's not fun waiting and being in pain. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had hoped they would go through my nose, sadly not.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to read this. I sincerely hope you start to feel better after having this procedure and once all the medical tests have been done you will have some answers and a plan/way forward can be decided.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, not knowing is very stressful, My sister seems to be having similar problems, tests and long wait times while they work on a diagnosis. They gave her sedation for the gastroscope.. Hopefully the weather is sunny and you can read and rest up in your garden room. JennyP

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m sorry that you are feeling so rotten. I must admit the thought of anything ending in ‘oscopy’ scares the life out of me. I hope they manage to get to the bottom of it and can do something to help ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all these tests, I hope they will come up with a treatment plan for you very soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get some resolution soon!
    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear that you are so uncomfortable and still awaiting the answers you seek. I hope that you find out exactly what is going on soon and get some appropriate treatment. Like you, I'm a home bird too. Life is slow, but I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete