Friday, 18 September 2026

Parcels arriving

In theory I should not need anymore more spring bulbs, the packs on the left I purchased a few weeks ago, on the right are more recent. I was looking for paperwhite daffodils, these are similar, I intend to plant in hope they flower inside around Christmas  time.


My big order from Farmer Gracy has arrived, it's too early to plant them, most will go into pots by early November, the tulips late November, if everything grows I should have a brilliant display in the spring.


These are bulbs which I popped into pots, they bloomed well in the spring, I hope they all come back next year.


This also arrived, I know it's September, but it was on sale almost half price, and those who follow me know I love a bargain. Our old tree is 12 years old and the branches are wobbly. This one is just 5 foot tall, we have purchased a small table for it to stand on. Photo taken from website.




I have been supporting daughter after the disappearance of Noah Woods and his death, George is at runner and can run fast, many times we have chased him, these days I can't take George out on my own, he can be faster than me. The horrendous comments towards the family by ill informed people, daughter has been upset, the parents are going through enough with out negative comments. Through the years nasty people have made unwanted comments regarding our George on daughters social media, her friends and others family with disabled children have supported her every time, we can only hope Noahs family are getting the support they will need.

Friday we took to express bus into Portsmouth, down to the waters edge at Gunwharf Quays, its a outlet shopping area, with plenty of places to eat. We were looking for a good cutlery set, we found a couple designs we liked, sadly the store only had sets of 4 items, knife, fork, desert and tea spoon, we require smaller knives and forks as well. We popped in a few shops, I need to replace my everyday coat, I saw nothing I liked. Most of the shops are brands we do not support, many very overpriced, sadly M&S outlet was closed for a refurb. We did not stop for lunch catching an earlier bus home, we spent nothing, even the bus journey was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment