Monday, 14 September 2026

Weekend

Back in Weston-Super-Mare, a second young woman has jumped to her death, are they linked, what's going on, a good plot, following another young woman and the police, will DCI Louise Blackwell be able to workout if its suicide or murder. Book 69 read this year.


 I did not notice many changes in style with this collaboration, 3 young children are missing, time is the factor here, chasing every lead, DCI Pat Lennon and his team are searching for them. I enjoyed this book, I'm not a huge fan of 'police DCI' books. Book 70 read this year.

Friday we met with daughter, children were all at school, we often meet at Dunelm, they have a nice cafĂ©, time for coffee, cake and a chat. Next door is a huge B&M, we wonder around picking up bits which are cheaper, Christmas has arrived, isles full of stuff, I could not resist this little light up tree, I have loved this style for years. Both hubby and daughter rolled their eyes at my purchase.  

Saturday was our local artisan market, hubby and I walked around, it has grown in size this year and was busy, I picked up two pieces of cotton fabric, I do love these cats, just £2 for both. Not needed, but wanted. There were loads of stalls selling lovely edible treats, we still have items we brought back from Wales. 


Later on Saturday we drove to daughters, we ordered a huge Chinese meal, Will loves so many of the dishes, Molly and George both love the chicken balls, rice and chips, it was enjoyable start to daughters birthday. All three children eat well at the table, I do love a family meal, we chatted for ages, even George sat for longer than normal. Daughter turned 44 on Sunday, how quick the years fly by. 

Sunday was a day at home, I did housework, hubby did the ironing, we had already done some bits in the garden, I have cut the red acer again, it should regrow next year. I picked runner beans and tomatoes, the cucumber plant is going over, hubby cut back the blackberries, one side had died off. I've moved my cider pot, it's in a central position now, the gap by the raspberry bed I have left clear, I can see through to my pond now.

I am feeling better after my tumble, I can carefully kneel on my left knee, it's much better, my right ear is still sore, but not so swollen, it's no fun getting older.

2 comments:

  1. Love the cat fabric! My babysitter had a ceramic Christmas tree like that when I was a child. Every time I see one now I think of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your knee and ear continue to get better

    ReplyDelete