▼

Friday, 25 September 2026

Locally

We popped on the hill above Portsmouth just on the edge of our village, on Thursday, lovely views over the city and coast with an interesting cloudy sky.



Zooming in towards Portchester castle and the Spinnaker Tower. 



Down by the shore, now part of King Charles 111 coastal path.


I adore Portchester castle. 
Outside.


Inside.


St Mary's church. 



It's only when we see our local views through the eyes of a visitor, in this case from Spain, do you realise the beauty of where we live.

Thursday we stayed local, it helps it was a dry sunny day. Portchester castle is always a great spot to visit, beside the waters edge, across from Portsmouth docks. We stopped in our local pub, we don't go there often enough. Today we are going to the historic part of Portsmouth. 

7 comments:

  1. It does indeed look very beautiful. I would love to walk the coastal path in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your visitor will enjoy seeing the points of interest close by. It's a good opportunity to visit some local sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going to Portchester Castle with an American visitor... she was blown away by being able to touch the Roman Walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful views from your part of the UK.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful area you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great view of your local area. I've never been to Portsmouth, so it's lovely to see your photographs. X

    ReplyDelete