It's time to collect conkers, there is a huge Horse chestnut tree in our park, we picked up a handful, leaving loads for the local children, I love the colour and shine on these, here in a bowl in the kitchen
The second lower branch has been removed from our acer, hopefully it will fill out again, I can then keep it trimmed and not have to cut it back harsh, we want the growth just over the slate area. It will require more delicate trimming to reach a decent shape.
These daisies are back in full bloom, I just adore them, both my snowberry plants have died back, I will rethink the back section of this bed, I would like some height along the back.
We popped to B&Q for some cyclamen plants, I also got a pack of reduced violas as well, I have planted most of them into various pots.
Sadly along the back fence it looks as if my pyracanths has died, the begonia in the huge pot is blooming.
One of my snowberry plants had one green branch, so I have cut all the deadwood off and planted in one of my growbags, all I can do is give it a chance to revive itself. I have also potted up two daisies from my birdbath dish, would be nice to have them next spring as well.
We have ate carrots, potatoes and runner beans a few times, and mixed lettuce leaves, tomatoes and cucumber most days, the veg garden has come to life. Oh we get a handful of raspberries every other day.
It's been a grey dull week, with low cloud and not too much rain, we have not gone out much, most of our spare time is reading, I have picked up my knitting and cross stitching. I do need to sort the last couple of months in my 2025 blog book before November.
For once we have no projects to do, normally at this time of year we have one task, everything is up together inside and out. I have done one big online purchase, which should arrive in due course, we had been chatting and decided we required a replacement, purchased now because it was in a September sale.





Looks like Blogger has sorted the issue as your new blog post appeared in my sidebar this morning. I love your Fleabane, I've bought seeds to sow next year, ive never had luck with cuttings off the ones i've alread got
ReplyDeleteI'm able to see loads more on my list, hopefully the issue is fixed.
DeleteRain wise, it seems that we will need seven months of heavy and regular rain to replace what the dry summer did not produce. And yes, your blog popped up - Yay!
ReplyDeleteYour acer is looking healthier than mine. We planted ours in the wrong place when we moved here and it gets decimated each winter by the strong winds. It's too late to move it now so I keep hoping each year that it survives.
ReplyDeleteI have always loved the feel and the look of fresh conkers. It is a shame that their initial sheen dulls within a few days.
ReplyDeleteI hope the snowberries bounce back. It's been a tough year in the garden! But your daisies look fab!
ReplyDeleteI am seeing a few more blogs as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues. I need to get out and collect my usual acorns before the squirrels get them all.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Love conkers. Just seeing them brings back lovely childhood memories.
ReplyDeleteWe haven't started our Autumn tidy up of the garden, so reading your blog has stirred me into doing something!
ReplyDeleteI am just on a big blog catch up as, like others, my sidebar hasn’t been updating and I’ve missed lots of posts. We are in full autumn garden sort out at the moment as we always regret it in the spring if we don’t leave it tidy at the end of the year. We have a day off today though … housework 🙈🙈
ReplyDelete