The shoreline in Southsea, Portsmouth
is being rebuilt, the long section from Clarence pier has been done, it looks fantastic, here looking back towards the pier. They reused the historic shelters mixed with loads of modern seating areas.
We saw a Navy ship (I'm female so I don't know what type), the Isle of Wright ferry and a private 'boat' (ditto), the hovercraft also passes through here as well.
The wide walkways and all the huge rocks are much nicer.
One of the three towers in the Solent, built to protect Portsmouth harbour.
From the main pier,
Our lunchtime view.
We sat by the shore to eat, fish and chips,
perfect location on a bright warm day.
The section of beach by the main pier is closed off, they are very close to finishing the huge upgrade, it is a walk we have done often, so we can't wait until it's open. Having a sunny day will always help, there were many people walking but it did not feel busy, we enjoyed watching young children on scooters and bikes all playing safely.
Our visitor is in London for a short visit, and then back home to Spain, we are home alone until next month, when hubby's sister and husband come to stay. Having dry weather helped so much, we were able to pop out and visit places, we have many tourist spots, we try and avoid the busy places.







I love the pier, it looks like they took time and made it wonderful for those who visit.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Looks lovely. I ate a lot of fish and chips while I was back. I got asked if I didn't fancy something else and I just said - do you realise I only get these once a year lol
ReplyDeleteLovely views from Southsea and how good to be able to sit out and enjoy some fish and chips :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Southsea looks lovely. I'm glad the weather stayed sunny for your visitor.
ReplyDeleteYou can't beat a sea view. X
ReplyDeleteSouthsea looks lovely. I'm glad the weather stayed sunny for your visitor.
ReplyDeleteThat looks so inviting - thank you for the photographs
ReplyDelete