I arrived back home late afternoon on Monday and took a walk around the garden, this beautiful dahlia is now blooming, I purchased it last month, after the initial bloom faded the plant showed no signs of growth, suddenly it has a growth spurt and loads of buds.
This pelargonium is in a big mug shaped pot on my outside table, it's loving the hot summer.
This rose is its third lot of blooms, it's was struggling until I popped it in a big pot in a sunny place.
A deeper red in this pot, with two shades of pink.
This Gaura is from a cutting, only small this year, such a pretty shade of pink.
Monday we had lunch with Grandma and Grandpa, it was lovely to sit outside, it felt so cool with a lovely breeze, we all agree we show a united front to our little ones, their dad might not be present in their lives, but grand parents are.
It's pure joy to be home, I slept well last night, we have nothing planned for today, just a lazy day at home, Wednesday I will pop to daughters to sit for an hour, then Molly is coming for a sleepover.
There is rain in the forecast, its cloudy and muggy, no rain here yet.





What gorgeous shades of red in your garden. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with daughter and grandchildren. You're clearly a very loving and close family.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a lovely holiday with the grandchildren.
ReplyDeleteLots of beautiful blooms in your garden - the red flowers seem to like the heat.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely that all the grandparents get on together and can support your daughter and her children. They know they're loved and that's the security they need.
We've had drizzle this morning and the air feels heavy.
Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing time.
ReplyDeleteHope the rain materializes for you.
Fingers crossed you will get some rain! That red dahlia looks like a variety I have here called "Gallery Valentin." I wonder if it's the same?
ReplyDeleteThe label states, Dahlia Red, not very helpful.
DeleteAll that red in your garden is beautiful! And it looks like you'll be getting some more flowers before the week is out.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you all enjoyed your time away. You must enjoy getting to make those memories with your family. Xx
Red sure pops in your garden. Beautiful. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with the family on the holiday.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I need some red Pelargoniums for my patio next year after seeing how lovely your ones are.
ReplyDeleteThat is my favourite shade of red. So pretty and eye-catching.
ReplyDelete